Friday 2 December 2016

Digipak - back panel

This was my first edit of my back panel. As you can see the image is very similar to the finalised idea I had for my digipak. Overall I really liked this edit as I thought It showed narrative. However, when I showed my teacher Miss Dobbs she said the image wasn't my own therefore I couldn't use it as it would be classed as plagiarism.

Draft

Deconstruction:


To start with, the first thing I did was upload an image of the sea onto Photoshop. I decided to choose a picture I had taken at Bournemouth beach a few years ago, as I thought it reflected the song which my partner and I had chosen to make a music video to  'Set Sail'. I changed the photo into black and white to continue the theme of the digipak and then adjusted the curves to make the darker sections of the image even darker.

As I wanted the target audiences full focus to be on the sea I decided to crop the image down using the crop tool from the left hand panel.

I used the same vignette filter from the first edit of the front panel. I did this to create a retro filter which'll make the the audience refer back to our artists genre, indie pop. The key to using this filter is that it will draw the viewers attention towards the song titles.

As my partner and I had done previous research on our artists record company, Communion. We decided to incorporate it into our back panel instead of making a new one. When making an album it is vital to include the names of all the producers/ record companies who have helped produce the album, this is because they own the legal rights to part of the music.

I found the newest logo of communion records on google images. I placed it to the right of the barcode as I didn't want it to stand out too much. Yet again to continue the theme of the digipak I changed the opacity to 78%.

Deciding the names of the individual songs for the album took quite a while as I wanted them to fit with the artists genre. In the end I decided to choose stereotypical love song names:

  • Breathe
  • Set Sail
  • Without You 
  • Last Goodbye
  • Jump
  • Pray
  • Demons
To create the barrier around the text I simply changed the layout of PowerPoint to the centre. I then highlighted and pasted the text onto Photoshop. Once I had pasted onto Photoshop I stretched the writing to match the front panel.

For the finishing touches I added a second boarder and additional lines.

Final

No comments:

Post a Comment